Job Description & Summary
A career within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- You will provide actuarial services to our insurance, reinsurance, and captive insurance clients and support the further development of our actuarial consulting practice.
- Provide audit support to a range of (re)insurers, from SEC registrants to single-parent captives;
- Provide actuarial consulting services including reserving, pricing, merger and acquisition support, enterprise risk management and capital modelling and other actuarial projects;
- Develop an understanding of actuarial techniques and procedures and apply them to work products;
- Demonstrate continued success on actuarial exams;
- Provide excellent service to internal and external clients; and
- Learn to proficiently use software, spreadsheets, other tools to perform and document your work.
Minimum years experience required
- 0-2 years’ experience
Additional application instructions
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Actuarial Science, Accounting, Finance or Economics and/ or will have demonstrated success in completing examinations administered by a recognised Actuarial body e.g. Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, Casualty Actuarial Society, Canadian Institute of Actuaries (or equivalent).
- Interest and ability to pursue an actuarial designation.
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.