An established media house is seeking suitable applications for the post of Multimedia Journalist.
The Multimedia Journalist will be responsible for developing and producing news content in written, video, graphic and audio formats across Barbados Today’s digital platforms and assisting with the production of the daily newscasts. The Multimedia Journalist must have the ability to handle multiple stories and projects simultaneously whilst demonstrating exceptional time-management and organisational skills by meeting set timelines.
• Use a mixture of text, graphics, audio, images and video to create newsworthy content across Barbados
Today’s digital platforms under specified timelines.
• Shoot and edit video and still photos to complement stories.
• Write news and audio/video scripts, lead-ins and bridges as required.
• Work with the production team to develop and produce ongoing special and reports, documentaries
and other compelling audio/video news packages based on major breaking news and current affairs
developments for digital platforms.
• Produce thought-provoking features which demonstrate a deep understanding of the issues tackled.
• Gather and present information for live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights, and weekends. • Coordinate with news personnel to develop stories that go beyond surface details, accentuate unique
angles, and have exclusive content.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Mass Communication or at least two years work-related experience
- Videography and photography experience are an asset but not essential
- Knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO), camera equipment, editing and streaming software
- On-air work experience an asset but not necessary
Suitably qualified applicants should submit their CVs via e-mail to [email protected] with the subject line “Multimedia Journalist”, no later than May 8, 2022.
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.