Chief Legal & Compliance Officer
Our client is a well established Finance Sector organisation based in Barbados. Due to internal promotions and growth, they are seeking to appoint a senior member of the team. This is an Executive Management position, which reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of Legal, Securities & Compliance activities within the company.
• To develop, execute and maintain all legal, securities and compliance policies and procedures of the company.
• To ensure adherence of staff of the Legal, Securities & Compliance Department with company standards, policies and procedures and government regulations.
• Preparation of documentation and correspondence for members and external parties/agencies relating to loan security.
• To assist in the effective management of the loan portfolio by ensuring that all legal documents and securities are in place; and assist in member satisfaction through improvement in the legal aspects of the loan granting process.
• To provide legal advice on all matters affecting the company and its subsidiaries and to assist in developing legal policies under which the company and its subsidiaries will operate.
• To set departmental goals and objectives in furtherance of the organisation’s strategic direction and establish a
strategy to accomplish same.
The ideal candidate should be an excellent communicator, team player, independent and creative thinker and should possess the following:
• Completion of the LLB degree and Legal Education Certificate
• Completion of compliance certification by any of the following:
o Florida International Bankers Association – FIBA
o International Compliance Association- ICA
o Association of Certified AML Specialists – ACAMS
• At least five (5) years’ experience in land conveyancing and preparing legal mortgages
• At least five (5) years’ experience in the compliance function
• Excellent communicator, with superiorinterpersonal, leadership, negotiating, analytical and problemsolving abilities
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Effective project and budget management skills, ability to manage competing priorities and deliver timely results on a number of key initiatives.
• An in-depth knowledge of legal operations of financial institutions would be a definite asset.
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.