Overview & Duties
Our client is looking for an experienced cook to operate from their kitchen.
- Create prep lists based on daily menus
- Cook meals based on recipes received
- Maintain standards for food storage, rotation, quality, and appearance.
- Ensure compliance with applicable health codes and regulations.
- Work with the owner to coordinate activities in preparing & cooking foods to make sure an efficient profitable food service.
• Make sure that all cooking is coordinated to ensure that food production is timely based on the demand
Keep the workspace in a tidy and clean manner.
• Observe methods of food preparation, cooking sizes of portions, and also garnishing of foods to make sure food is prepared and kept up with standards and trends.
• Test cooked foods by tasting and smelling.
• Maintain punctual attendance and food service timing
Chef Qualifications / Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of culinary techniques and practices
- Understanding of menu and recipe development techniques
- Ability to multitask and work with little to no supervision
- Ongoing awareness of culinary trends
- Understanding of health and sanitation laws
- Excellent knife-handling skills
Experience & Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Formal culinary training / culinary degree
- 3-5 years culinary experience
- Previous kitchen management experience (not necessarily managing staff but managing stations)
- Access to reliable transportation is a major asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The successful candidate will have access to a company mobile and may be required to conduct a taste test before officially starting. This is an urgent role to be filled and the successful candidate may be required to start from as early as Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.