ELECTRICAL PROJECT MANAGER (Commercial Sector)
To prepare and/or interpret technical statements of work and design documentation as it relates to project planning, budgeting, procurement, implementation, testing, training, and project completion. To ensure that the projects are successful and meet customer requirements in a timely manner. Coordinate with Engineers, management, Supervisors and Foremen to ensure the efficient execution and completion of projects, in addition to supporting the general objectives of the company.
• Manages multiple projects and all related issues, labour numbers/costs, budgets and schedules, including employee relations issues that may arise during projects.
• Reviews project plans for compliance with GEED standards and regulations, and best engineering practices.
• Analyzes estimates and tender documents, blueprints and drawings; is aware of and reviews current available materials inventory, costs and quality.
• Prepares CAD drawings, blueprints and creates drawings of circuitry to include technical details and specifications such as materials, dimensions and procedures in accordance with the tender requirements, national standards, customer requirements and standards.
• Reviews material and labor requirements to advise whether it is more cost-effective to use internal or sub-contract resources.
• Assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops; Sets up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures. • Has a working knowledge of Main and Subcontractor documents.
• Participates in client/contractor negotiations.
• Consults with clients, vendors, contractors and other personnel to discuss and formulate estimates for projects and resolve issues.
• Works closely with the Principal Contractor to build and coordinate an agreed sequence of works for all necessary tasks.
• Develops project schedules: assigning cost and manpower to the schedule and provide cash and manpower forecasting.
• Attends site meetings called by the client and/or contractor and/or their representatives. • Confers with engineers, designers, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
• Oversees, coordinates, and monitors all onsite installations to ensure compliance with GEED standards and NFPA safety regulations.
• Directs all site management staff including site supervisors, site foremen and, where applicable, site office staff and store managers.
• Motivates staff to higher level of productivity and works with the supervisors and foremen to address any job-related grievance and disciplinary matters.
• Ensures that acceptable health, safety and housekeeping practices are enforced in the Company and at work sites, including but not limited to, proper ventilation, sanitary and rest room facilities and changing and lunchroom facilities for staff.
• Ensures that the rules and regulations of the organization are followed and adhered to. • Drives continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Customer Service, and Productivity throughout operations.
• Prepares cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
• Ensures complete project close-out with handover documentation.
• Assists in finalizing all project accounts.
• Works independently and travels from job site to job site regularly to ensure that the projects are meeting the agreed timelines, meeting the requirements set forth in the quotation, that the necessary equipment and material resources required for the projects are readily available and that manpower and employee issues are dealt with promptly.
• When required, conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data.
• Reviews and critiques proposed changes to engineering standards, policies or details and ensure that Supervisors, Draughtsmen and the Project team members are made aware • Prepares and maintains a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors suitable for projects
• Provide support to other Electrical Contracting and Maintenance Teams
• Participates in any necessary recruitment and training for your direct reports • Conducts periodic performance reviews/evaluations of your direct reports, setting performance targets and objectives for your direct reports
• Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time or as business requirements may dictate
• Qualifications in an Electrical/Engineering biased discipline
• Strong project management and man-management skills
• Proven project costing and evaluations experience of commercial customer installations • Familiar with GEED standards and NFPA safety regulations desirable
• Full clean driving license and ability to obtain a Police Certificate of Character (PCC)
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.