Our client is a reputable operator of a selection of premium shopping complexes in Barbados, offering
customers the ultimate retail experience. Due to growth, they are seeking to appoint a professional
Facilities Manager to optimize the cost of operating the malls while sustaining the high standards of
service, physical plant, and the environment to meet the expectations of tenants, customers and the
• Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
• Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
• Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
• Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
• Supervise all staff facilities (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
• Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
• Oversee building and grounds maintenance.
• Ensure security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
• Ensure that the facility is clean and maintained according to company policy and procedures.
• Supervise the quality of work for other employees to ensure that all tasks are performedcorrectly, efficiently, and effectively.
• Review service contracts.
• Conduct and documents regular facilities inspections.
• Check completed work by vendors and contractors.
• Recommend maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications.
• Communicate workplace safety precautions to employees.
• Supervise the financial and physical resources of the facility management.
• Supervise and coordinate the work of contractors
• Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
• Direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling
• Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
• Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow upon any deficiencies
• Coordinate and lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
• Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
• Retail Mall Tenant Relations
• Conduct tenant orientation meetings for the entire mall, covering emergency procedures,
communication systems and other security procedures relating to the tenants of the mall.
• Manage tenant shops operational compliance (i.e., shop appearance, trading hours, waste
removal, signage, etc.) through regular audits, surprise visits, etc. Rectify any non-compliance
through official warning, lease contractual penalties, as required.
• Ensure mall operating policies & procedures are duly followed by the tenants, service providers,
contractors, etc. incl. Occupational Health & Safety standards.
• Maintain up-to-date records and documentation for malls (i.e., insurance, health & safety) and
tenant-related (i.e., lease contracts, insurance, etc.)
• Manage all conflicts and dispute situations in a smooth manner to avoid any disruption to mall
• Monitor and control receivables and implement receivables collections mechanisms.
• Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time or as business requirements may dictate
• BSc./MSc. Degree level qualification in ether Engineering, Management, Business Studies,
Accounting, or related Facilities Management Training.
• Proven experience in Facilities Management of multiple locations.
• Strong relations with 3rd party service provider suppliers.
• Familiar with Health & Safety regulations.
• Solid fiscal management experience to create/manage P&L.
• Excellent Man-Management skills.
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.