HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER (3 – 6 X Month Contract) Overview:
Our client is one of the leading Banking Sector companies based in Barbados. With a number of branches island wide and a high-volume of employees, they are seeking a proven HR professional to assist with current employee initiatives. This is a temporary
contract due to start in February 2020 for 3 – 6 x months, with the possibility of an extension/conversion to a permanent role.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare communications as well as maintain/improve the communication vehicle to all employees across the group of companies.
• Provide human resource consulting and support services to employees across the Group on all aspects of Human Resources.
• Support the Recruitment and Selection process by ensuring that all the requisite activities are executed in line with departmental policy and procedures, legal and regulatory requirements and relevant Service Level Agreements.
• Provide support in the management of employee grievances as required.
• Provide support in the Industrial Relations and disciplinary process through as required.
• Provide support in the execution of employee relations activities as required.
• Ensure that all activities are executed as required to ensure that the organization remains compliant with all the relevant laws and regulations within scope of responsibility, as well as make recommendations to close any gaps.
• Provide assistance in the rollout of all departmental policies and programmes to realise maximum effectiveness and provide support in their interpretation and administration.
• Prepare payroll information to meet specified timelines and standards as assigned.
• Assist in the administration of all employee benefits.
• Prepare reports as required.
• Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Human Resources Management or related area with at least 3 years’ related experience as an HR Officer.
• Completed Chartered Accreditation from CIPD (MCIPD) or SHRM or from any equivalent body would be an asset.
• Available to commence employment immediately in February 2022.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
• Understanding and successful practice of contemporary Human Resources concepts
• Working knowledge and evidence of experience in the interpretation of labor laws and practices.
• Knowledge of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft suite of products.
• Good understanding of compliance, audit and operational risk issues, as well as the accompanying, practices and policies.
• Team player skills
• Solution driven
• Strong analytical skills
• Proven ability to assimilate information from an expansive array of sources.
• Developed interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and oratorical skills
• Ability to work independently and successfully apply professional judgment.
• Excellent time management capabilities. • Ability to influence people
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening work.
• May be required to travel for the effective functioning of this role.
• All employees of the operating entities within the Client Group.
• Related company clientele.
• Internal Audit.
• External Vendors and Sponsors.
• Market Survey Sources
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.