I.T NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR (Finance Sector)
Our client is a well established leading Banking Sector organization with multiple branches across Barbados. Due to the growing investment in I.T infrastructure to meet current demands, they are seeking to recruit a proven technology expert to meet their objectives.
Provide input on the efficiency of the Group’s technology infrastructure to include, switches, enterprise routers, servers, and network hardware and software. Recommend changes or upgrades or new products as a result of on-going administration of the network and systems. Research and resolve network issues for the Group. Install network hardware and software. Responsible for ensuring the organization’s network is functioning at its optimum.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the maintenance and administration of all components of the Group’s network infrastructure, ensuring it is secured in accordance with best practice and approved Group policies and practices.
• Co-ordinates the maintenance of all related network hardware and software systems ensuring they are appropriately replaced, upgraded or patched. Manage the services provided by vendors, outsourcers, and contractors.
• Ensures that the Group is fully compliant with software licensing and any other licensing requirements. Ensure all software and hardware maintenance contracts are kept valid, and SLAs agreed upon by third party vendors are adhered to.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining system maps, network diagrams and other documentation of all Group facilities. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
• Develop and maintain documentation on department standard operating procedures and best practices for the ICT Department. Assists with ensuring that all work undertaken by the department adheres to the organization’s quality control standards
• Provides timely reports on problems, patches implemented etc and prepares reports as requested.
• Ensures that proper backup and recovery policies and procedures are executed and undertakes maintenance of adequate on-site facilities and the off-site backup of servers.
• Responsible for DR planning as it relates to the network and server infrastructure (VM host servers, VMs, physical servers, and network components such as WAN links, firewalls, etc.) and related systems. Ensure failover testing of those systems and components are carried out regularly, as well as authoring and maintaining all DR documentation.
• Assists in the preparation of the department’s annual budget/tactical/strategic plans for the ICT Department and hardware/software requirements for the Group, ensuring that such plans are consistent with the overall corporate plans.
• Any other duties ancillary or related to the foregoing.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a related role.
• IT Certification in a related discipline (CISCO CCNA, CCNP, Microsoft MCSE, CompTIA Network+)
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.