Job Description & Summary
PwC’s Actuarial Services (AS) practice assists private and public entities throughout the world with critical insurance business issues. We provide solutions to the challenges caused by intense competition, technological changes, workplace pressures, mergers and acquisitions, globalisation, increased attention from regulators, and the ongoing struggle to provide greater value to all stakeholders.
We currently have an opportunity for a manager level actuary within PwC’s Actuarial Services practice in the Caribbean region. The successful candidate will support our market leading audit practice whilst also contributing to the growth of the actuarial consulting practice. This position would suit ambitious, goal-oriented actuaries looking for challenges in exciting and dynamic markets such as Bermuda, Cayman Islands and the Eastern Caribbean.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Provide audit support services to a range of (re)insurers, from SEC registrants to single-parent captives;
- Provide actuarial consulting services including reserving, pricing, merger and acquisition support, enterprise risk management and capital modeling, and other actuarial projects;
- Maintain knowledge of industry, market, and competition; anticipate external market trends, internal and client needs;
- Supervise and mentor junior actuarial staff and assist in their professional development, as well as provide training to audit staff on actuarial issues;
- Assist in the further development of our actuarial consultancy practice;
- Liaise with other members of the PwC global network of firms;
- Manage engagement economics to enhance efficiency and profitability
Minimum years experience required
- Minimum of 6 years successful practicing experience within the Property & Casualty/Non-Life insurance industry.
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Actuarial Science, Accounting, Finance, Economics etc.
- Nearly or newly qualified (e.g. Associate, Fellow) of a recognised Actuarial body e.g. Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, Casualty Actuarial Society, Canadian Institute of Actuaries (or equivalent).
- Reserving across a wide range of property & casualty lines of business (essential), pricing experience and capital modeling experience would be an asset;
- Property catastrophe experience is a significant advantage;
- Experience working within highly-regulated insurance markets (e.g. Bermuda and London) would be an asset;
- Knowledge of catastrophe modeling and/or stochastic modeling platforms a plus;
- Proven experience in building and maintaining client relationships;
- Experience with leading teams and in people management, including coaching and developing staff;
- Excellent communication skills as well as organizational skills and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several ongoing projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines;
- Flexibility to work professional hours which may go beyond core office hours as required to deliver distinctive client service.
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.