Operations Manager (Commercial Electrical)
Our client is one of the leading commercial electrical installation organisations across the Caribbean. Due to growth, they are seeking a competent professional to manage all electrical operations and coordinate with design team to ensure the efficient execution and completion of projects, in addition to supporting the general objectives of the company.
• To prepare engineering analysis of projects to include, preliminary design, calculation, life cost and equipment selection
• Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids
• Prepare technical construction specifications
• Review and critique proposed changes to engineering standards, policies or details and ensure that Supervisors, Draughtsmen, estimators and the manager is made aware
• Works independently and when required travels from job site to job site.
• Responsible for ensuring that electrical services are provided as required per job and that the adequate and efficient Installation, repairing, maintenance and upgrading of electrical systems and equipment is executed
• Ensures that acceptable health, safety and housekeeping practices are enforced in the department and at work sites • Ensures that the rules and regulations of the organization are followed and adhered to
• Ensures that all electrical operations are within the requirements of each contract, local regulatory standards and environmental legislation.
• Manage the electrical Supervisors regarding projects and maintenance
• Propose changes as appropriate to optimize operational efficiency and cost effectiveness. Develop project plans specifying budget requirements, goals, strategy, staffing, program management & scheduling, detailed project estimating, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
• Prepare an annual budget for the Operations Department for review and subsequently work within the approved budget.
• Support Supervisors in development of budgets for Operations Cost Centers and responsible for performance, actual versus budget, for Operations Cost Centers. Report to General Manager on a monthly basis with regard to budget performance.
• Undertake all aspects of staff management. Coordinate recruitment, assignment or rostering of personnel including assignment of duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
• Deputize for General Manager in his absence.
• Carry out internal and external audits and understand and manage key performance indicators (KPIs). • Coordinate job training and safety training.
• Conduct annual performance reviews.
• Provide support to Electrical teams
• Facilitate any necessary recruitment and training for your direct reports
• Conduct periodic performance reviews/evaluations of your direct reports, setting performance targets and objectives for your direct reports
• Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time or as business requirements may dictate
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.