Our client is an experienced local Renewable Energy EPC contractor based on the island of Barbados. Due to growth in the renewable energy sector they are seeking to employ a dynamic and experienced person to fill the position of Operations Manager. The company designs, procures, installs, operates and monitors renewable energy systems. Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for effective direction, leadership and overall management of day-to-day operations of the company.
As a key member of the management team, the incumbent will direct the activities of a team of employees which include the Project team, Project Officer, Engineers, Technical staff, Purchasing Officer, Warehouse & Inventory staff, Site Supervisors and various technicians engaged in the Design, Installation, Operation, maintenance and repair of the renewable energy portfolio.
• Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives • Confers with the GM and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions
• Develops, reviews, updates, and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance and new market development • Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures
• Manages, motivates, and mentors a variety of administrative and project personnel
• Analyses estimates and tender documents, blueprints and drawings; is aware of and reviews current available materials inventory, costs and quality • Evaluates and manages the resources and processes required for the successful completion of a high volume of residential and commercial renewable energy (RE) projects
• Work closely with local sales team to understand sales performance and forecasts
• Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis
• Prepares cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
• Assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops; Sets up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
• Assists in managing all subcontractor relationships and expectations
• Manage projects to contractual requirements by utilising appropriate resources
• Analyses performance data to eliminate bottlenecks and ensure optimal performance
• Handles grievance and disciplinary matters along with the assigned Supervisor
• Oversee design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements and market growth
• Reviews project plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and best engineering practices
• Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain partners/vendors or outsourcing requirements to develop new markets
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical engineering or similar
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management role with excellent demonstrated People Management Skills.
• Strong verbal/ written communication skills
• Project management experience and/or certification would be an asset
• Knowledge of and working with distributed generation solar PV projects desired ( will consider applicants with Electrical or Engineering background) NEC requirements, good construction practices
• Competence in AutoCAD, PVSyst, Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with estimating or designing Photovoltaic systems a distinct advantage,
• Valid driver’s license.
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.