Operations Manager (Manufacturing Sector)
REPORTS TO: General Manager
IMMEDIATE REPORTS: Engineers, Supervisors, Accounts staff, Workshop Staff
OVERVEW: Our client is a Barbados based well established provider of bespoke designed Steel fittings to multiple industry sectors across. Due to growth, they are seeking to add a professional to their management team with the objective of efficiently and profitably managing the Company’s operations, in addition to supporting the general objectives of the company.
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizational development.
• Developing manufacturing and operational strategies and generally overseeing their implementation to ensure maximum capacity utilization of the business unit towards achieving the group’s strategy, growth and profit objectives.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly/Annual sales, production and revenue targets/budgets, reviewing monthly and reporting to management on the Company’s financial performance facilitating corrective measures to maintain the Company’s profitability
• Assist in the formulation of policies, programs, and objectives affecting the schedule, quality, and cost of manufactured products.
• Coordinating production according to quality and quantity specifications within cost objectives.
•Identify and adapt technological advances to meet the group’s competitive objectives within the marketplace.
• Providing strong leadership to all employees, ensuring high morale, teamwork and good employee relations, at all levels, including on the shop floor.
• Ensuring all areas are properly staffed and coordinated to perform duties effectively.
• Promoting the development of favorable employee relations to further the organization’s production of quality goods.
• Oversee all operations and logistics, maintaining excellent financial discipline.
• Ensuring compliance to all established systems, guidelines & policies.
• Ensure that all employees are given objectives, targets and that their performance is periodically appraised/reviewed to meet organizational performance
• Engage in long-term planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
• Direct, coordinate, and supervise employees to ensure that safe work practices are adhered to and production schedules, quality standards, housekeeping standards, maintenance goals and cost control goals are met.
• Develops strategies to ensure that customer, financial and employee satisfaction objectives are achieved.
Monitor the External Environment:
• Liaise with customers, suppliers and building consultants (engineers, architects and quantity surveyors) to keep current with all relevant business variables
• Research upgraded and new innovations relevant to your business unit to provide proactive leadership to your team and ensure proactive, progressive and financially savvy decision-making
• Respond proactively to market shifts, competition and/or any other variables that may be identified as a threat or opportunity to the business
• Any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time or as business requirements may dictate Authorize/Recommend:
• Immediate corrective action to deal with emergencies and infringements of Governments legislation, Company policies or practices and customer requirements.
• Compassionate leave in accordance with the Employee Manual.
• Training for staff.
• Additional studies that could assist with the execution of the duties in an efficient manner.
• Staffing levels.
• The recruitment, promotion, suspension and dismissal of personnel.
• Disciplinary action.
• Procedures that could improve efficiency.
• Authorize advertising, donation or gifts.
• Change company policy or practices.
• Authorize capital expenditure.
• BSc./MSc. Degree level qualification in ether Engineering (preferably mechanical engineering), and/or Management.
• Proven experience in Operational Management, especially in a manufacturing setting.
• Excellent business acumen; strong B2B communication skills.
• Familiar with Health & Safety regulations.
• Excellent People Management skills.
• A multi-skiller/multi-tasked
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.