SENIOR ENGINEER/SUPERVISOR (Manufacturing Sector)
Our client is one of the leading Manufacturers of quality consumer products with a global reputation for quality. Due to increased demand, they are urgently seeking to appoint a strong technical professional to the team assist with the coordination of maintenance activities of the company’s locations inclusive of plant, equipment, building, compound and other assets as directed by the Engineering Manager.
To coordinate the activities of maintenance personnel, and any other employees assigned to the Department through instructions from the Engineering Manager such that:
• Work is organized and scheduled according to the skills of staff and tasks are delegated effectively and monitored consistently.
• The knowledge and skill levels of the maintenance staff are continuously upgraded across the plant.
• Work carried out exhibits a high degree of professionalism and is done in a safe manner at all times.
• Maintenance staff is fully aware and compliant with their major responsibilities, and feedback is given to them on their performance on a continuing basis.
• Appropriate staff is in place with the right skills, knowledge and attitudes at all times.
• Staff is appraised at least once per year and training and development needs are identified.
• The company’s rules and regulations are enforced through appropriate and consistent discipline of staff.
Plans work schedules and shift rotations of maintenance staff, such that:
• Working hours are arranged to maximize the effectiveness of maintenance function by providing coverage throughout the plant.
• Staff rosters are posted weekly and communicated to staff.
Develops and implements Preventative Maintenance Schedules to ensure:
• A preventative maintenance schedule is designed, implemented, monitored, recorded and modified as necessary to meet the needs of the Company thus minimizing equipment and machinery downtime.
• Equipment is serviced according to in-house service schedules and manufacturers’ recommendations at all times. Overhauls and detailed equipment services and/or cleanings shall be formally documented.
• Equipment availability (uptime) throughout the plant is maintained at a minimum of 90%.
❖ Maintains and repairs Facilities, Plant, Production and ancillary equipment to guarantee:
• Maintenance work is completed correctly and in a timely fashion at all times.
• Problems/faults being experienced by departments are resolved/repaired quickly to the satisfaction of the internal customer.
• Completed jobs are effectively assessed and correct advice is provided to subordinates to assist them in performing their duties when necessary.
• Procedures are in place to minimize repeat repair jobs.
• Ongoing efforts are made to be proactive in identifying problem areas and implementing corrective actions.
❖ Assists with line changes, still changes, and problem identification, as required such that:
• Assistance is given to maintenance staff in diagnosing problems with equipment and effective time management allows for adequate support to them, while ensuring for knowledge transfer and a growth in skill levels.
• Line and still changes are done with due care and attention to setup parameters and sufficient testing is done to ensure high production levels as set by production planning KPI’s.
• Line and still changes are planned and executed to minimize disruption to production, at all times.
❖ To assist with any new projects or equipment installation, hereby ensuring:
• Projects are completed on time and within budget always.
• Projects are always completed with an emphasis on a safe and professional finish.
• Projects when handed over operate within the manufacturer’s specified output.
• Equipment is allowed to run and is tested according to manufacturer’s specification once installed.
• Faults for equipment under warranty are reported in writing to the Engineering Manager within 1
day of inspection. In the absence of the Engineering Manager such faults must be reported in writing to the Chief Operations Officer with 2 days of inspection.
❖ To assist with the coordination of the activities related to Health, Safety and Security programs to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
• All plant safety equipment is monitored, and any faults are promptly rectified.
• Safety Training for staff is proposed at least once per year to minimize accidents or incidents. •Staff is trained on how to operate the emergency equipment at least once per year.
• All safety certificates inclusive of Boilers, Air Receivers, Lifting devices and other pressure vessels are monitored and renewed as per legislative requirements.
• Discussions take place with the Security sub-contractor, monthly or as required, to ensure that the operations remains safe and on-site personnel, equipment and facilities are secure, and hazards are minimized.
• On-site security and automatic safety devices are tested at appropriate intervals for effective function • Willing to function as an emergency responder and a first aid responder.
• Attends the planned meetings of the Health and Safety as required
• Disseminates all Health/Safety and Security information to the operation once approved.
❖ Assists the Engineering Manager in managing the engineering inventory, order spare parts, equipment, tools, consumables and maintenance records to ensure:
• A comprehensive Maintenance Work Management system is used to allow for easy tracking of work done, development of future planned work, recording of machine specifications and operating history, controlling and ordering of inventory, and for the generation of monthly performance reports.
• The Maintenance Work Management system is up to date and available for audit at all times. •The inventory of spare parts is kept and ensures that critical spares are kept on the compound(s).
• The inventory of workshop tools is monitored, controlled and audited at least yearly, with recommendations to ensure the tool complement is fit for duty made to the Engineering Manager.
• Arrangement of specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager.
• Management of assigned projects by ensuring that cost, time, quality and performance objectives are met, as required.
• Adequate spare parts are in stock at all times, to minimize down time of machinery.
• Spares/equipment/tools utilized by technicians are signed for at all times and are appropriately recorded.
• Maintenance records are up to date, maintained to the requirements of our Auditors, kept in order and available for audit at all times.
• Equipment specifications, set points and operating parameters are saved and backed up at all times.
❖ Performs general supervisory functions such as:
• Providing a written monthly department report to the Engineering Manager by the first week of the following month
• Assists with company audits, as required.
• Provides requested information for the annual budgeting process in a timely manner.
• Maintains and supervises the distillery waste disposal process.
• Be proactive and recommend improvements to the Engineering Manager.
• Ensures the safety of all staff and company assets.
• Provides support to other departments as required.
• Provides excellent customer service at all times.
• Participates in company meetings, committees and appraisal reviews as directed by the Human Resources Manager
• Provides senior management support when other managers are on sick leave, vacation, or otherwise temporarily not available to perform their regular function.
❖ Follows all Health & Safety regulations of the company.
❖ Adheres to the relevant procedures in the ISO/Food Safety/Business Management Systems. ❖To perform any other related duties as directed by the Engineering Manager.
The incumbent is expected to possess the following qualities:
❖ Considerable knowledge of the organisation’s products in terms of its’ history, how it is made, etc.; ❖ Excellent interpersonal skills;
❖ Good negotiation skills;
❖ Demonstrates knowledge of installation, maintenance and trouble shooting of production and associated lines;
❖ Sound knowledge of the health and safety requirements.
❖ Working knowledge of quality standards and the principles and goals of quality improvement process ❖ Good oral and written communication
1. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
❖ A Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or any other related discipline.
❖ At least three (3) years experience in an engineering maintenance environment at a supervisory level. Manufacturing and/ or Oil and Gas Industries preferred.
❖ Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office; AUTOCAD)
❖ Competency in control circuit wiring desired.
❖ Experience in PLC programming would be an advantage.
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.