Our client is one of the most established Hotels on the South Coast of Barbados. Further to the recent opening of a high-end tourism venue, they are urgently seeking a new Sous Chef to join their existing team.
• Schedules working hours of all kitchen staff with Executive Chef, taking into consideration the volume of expected business. Arranges extra staff during high volume of business if warranted by unexpected business.
• Assigns in detail, specific duties to subordinates.
• Responsible for the quality of all food prepared in the kitchen. Checks constantly for its taste, temperature and visual appearance. Makes sure that all dishes are uniformed and established portion sizes are maintained.
• Coordinates closely with the Executive chef in determining quality and quantity of food material to be purchased. Keeps a close watch over all materials used with a view of eliminating waste and spoilage, especially meat, fish, products. Inform the Executive Chef immediately on bad products.
• Recommends menu price adjustments when necessary. Determines prices of unlisted food items in conjunction with Executive Chef.
• Checks maintenance of all equipment located in the areas under supervision. Makes every attempt to prevent damages or losses of equipment. (Instruct staff on how to use the equipment correctly.)
• Prevents the use of spoiled products in any food preparation and prevent employees who are ill or suffering from an infection from taking part in the preparation or handling food.
• To be alert of new products which may improve quality of food or lower food cost or both. Make suggestions to the Executive Chef concerning improvements.
Qualified in Culinary discipline from a recognized training institution
Proven 2 – 4 years-experience in a similar role ( would consider Junior Sous Chef depending on experience).
Strong supervisory skills.
Good communication skills.
Proof of designing menus, any East Asian dishes a distinct advantage.
Ready to contact this seller? Register today to view thier contact information.Get Started Today
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Write Your Review
Have experience with this service/product?
Sign up today and share your experience!Get Started
- Meet seller at a safe location.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
- Where possible, use banking transactions as opposed to cash.
- Request receipts.