Barbados Today Classifieds
Who we are
This website is managed by Luova Labs for The (Barbados) Today Inc. Barbados Today Classifieds is an online advertising website with sections devoted to jobs and training; real estate; events; electronics; fashion; vehicles; general items; services; community service; gigs; etc. For more information, see here.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are in compliance with the laws of Barbados and those regulations set out under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘ data controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Throughout our website we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to act as a point of reference on specific articles published on the website. These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
This policy details how data about you is used when you access our website and services (together, “Barbados Today Classifieds”) or interact with us. If we update it, we will revise the date, place notices on Barbados Today Classifieds if changes are material, and/or obtain your consent as required by the laws of Barbados (Barbados Data Protection Act, 2018).
We would like to send you information about products and services, Barbados Today Classifieds and special offers, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or instant messaging (IM) on social media platforms. We will only ask whether you would like us to track your site information when we are requesting your consent.
1. Protecting your privacy
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Please review privacy policies of any third party sites linked to from Barbados Today Classifieds.
2. Data we use to provide/improve our services and/or combat fraud/abuse:
- data you post on or send via Barbados Today Classifieds, and/or send us directly or via other sites
- credit card data, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. SSL).
- data you submit or provide (e.g. name, address, email, phone, fax, photos, tax ID).
- web log data (e.g. web pages viewed, access times, IP address, HTTP headers).
- data collected via cookies (e.g. search data and “favorites” lists).
- data collected on website user activity (Google Analytics)
- data about your device(s) (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage, plugins).
- data from 3rd parties (e.g. phone type, geo-location via IP address).
3. Data we store
- We retain data as needed for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely.
- You may access and update certain data about you via your account login.
- In the event of membership cancellation or non-renewal, we store your data for a period of 6 months, upon which time, al information will be deleted.
4. Circumstances in which we may disclose user data:
- to vendors and service providers (e.g. payment processors) working on our behalf.
- to respond to summons, search warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of users of Barbados Today Classifieds or the general public.
- with your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users).
- in connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets.
- in aggregate/summary form, where it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting us at [email protected]
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails.
If you are unsubscribing from contacting us, it may take up to 24 hours for the unsubscribe to process.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to
- let us have enough information to identify you ( name, registration details)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in any unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Barbados Today Classifieds
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
The Service collects information through the use of “cookies” or similar technologies. Cookies are widely used to make websites and applications work, or work more efficiently, and help them remember certain information about you, either for the duration of your visit (using a “session” cookie) or for repeat visits (using a “persistent” cookie).
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. For example, authentication and security cookies are used to identify and recognize registered users and to enable them to gain access to requested content or features. Without these cookies, the requested services cannot be provided.
Performance Cookies. These are analytics and research cookies that allow us to collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. This helps us to improve the way the website works and allows us to test different ideas on the site.
Targeting Cookies. These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
How to make a complaint
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU Citizens) and the Data Protection Act (2019) (Barbados), also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular the Data Protection Officer.
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or call.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email or call.